Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Two Weeks Down



I have just finished up my second week of classes and I am happy to say the excitement hasn’t died…well maybe in my business math class but at least it will be easy! 
Highlights of the past two weeks: -I know how many states there are.  Yup, some people in my class said t here were 52!  

-I got a 95% on my first Financial Accounting Quiz

-AND….my accounting professor knows my name!  In elementary school, that is probably not a good thing.  If a teacher knows your name right off the bat it’s probably because he/she is having to say it over and over again to get you to listen.  In college though, that means you are participating and I only participate when I am confident of my answer….which means I am actually understanding this stuff!  

Now some of you are probably reading this, thinking to yourself that I am way too excited.  Here is where I am coming from though…I went to school to become a teacher.  We don’t really take a lot of classes that incorporate the business world.  I know it’s just week two and I am well aware that what I am learning right now is foundational for the tougher stuff up ahead but the fact that I am gaining confidence early on, in a field that I never thought I would be dabbling in, makes me excited for what the rest of the semester holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment