Friday, November 22, 2013

First Long Run

Yes, I am slacking in my training.  I ran my first "long run" today.  Throughout the week, training has you running 3 or 4 miles but on Saturdays...or in my case, Fridays, you are supposed to do a longer run.  Today I was supposed to do 5 miles but when I got to the 2.5 mile mark, indicating I should turn around, I kept running.  I was running along the coast, listening to my Korean boy bands and watching the surfers sitting out in the water, not able to catch a wave since there were none!  I was lovin it!  I ended up running 6 miles today and while I took a few breaks, I did not feel exhausted when I got back to my car.  I don't know what a typical pace is but I ran at a 9 minute 39 pace and that felt good for me! Today I feel good!

It helped too that it was cool and stormy.  I didn't get overheated...even though my face afterward was cherry tomato red...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment