Monday, November 18, 2013

Photography, Boys and Their Dogs, and Korean Boy Bands!

So I have to be honest in saying that I have failed this month at taking pictures.  I mean, I have taken pictures from my iPhone but that doesn’t count.  I will say this though, that even though I haven’t practiced my photography, the pictures I have taken this month are some of my favorite because they are full of people that I love!  The following is a picture of my friend Lily.  She lives in AZ so we decided to meet in the middle.  The picture on the right is one I took on my drive....look at that sky!






                                             Taken at a backwards bowling party for kickball.  Love them!


As far as my Vietnamese goes...I am rockin it!  Okay, so I haven’t advanced past the 4th lesson but I am pushing myself the extra mile and actually reviewing and learning how to write in Vietnamese (accent marks and all)!  It hurts my head but I am having so much fun learning it!  There are a few pictures and phrases that keep me entertained throughout.  For example, Rosetta Stone feels it is absolutely necessary to know “một em trai và một con chó” or that there is a boy and dog in  the picture.  Usually, a picture comes up once in a lesson but this picture, for some reason, comes up two or three times!




   
                        Little boy-man.  I laugh every time!          My new buddy and his dog







Running is going well too!  I am running 4 miles consistently and today ran it under 40 minutes.  I was pretty stoked!  Today I felt like I could run even longer which is funny since I am usually a little slower the second day in a row.  My theory on why I had more energy....I have switched my Pandora station form country or Pitch Perfect to...drum roll please..............Big Bang (a Korean boy band).  Their music is so full of energy and it keeps me at a good pace.  I have no shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment